In this section we want to highlight common topics that have issues that are often misunderstood or unexplained and provide useful information to think about.
- Why Guideline Income Is Not "Line 150"
When it comes to fair and equitable support calculations, details matter
- Income and Other Gross Ups
A refresher on the logic behind income and other gross ups in a support context
- Child Support Calculations - Not Just a Data Entry Function
Child support is more than just a simple table look up.
- Section 7 of the Child Support Guidelines
Clarifying the difference between child support and sharing expenses
- Government Benefits and the Child Support Guidelines
Explaining the role of government benefits in child support calculations
- Section 3 Child Support Options in "Hybrid" Parenting Situations
How should the table amount be determined in section 9(a) before discretion is applied?