Version 2021.1.1 of ChildView® includes all the 2021 income tax and benefits changes from the previous version as well as retroactive changes announced in the federal and provincial 2021 spring budgets and legislation.
-Per the April 19, 2021 federal budget and Bill C-30, the Canada Workers Benefit (CWB) income thresholds and claw back percentages will be increased starting in 2021. A “secondary earner wage exemption” will also be added to the calculation whereby family net income may be adjusted by the lesser of the secondary wage earner’s earned income up to a maximum of $14,000. This maximum will be indexed in future years. These changes are included in this release.
- New sections have been added to the Help file to explain and provide detailed information on:
- the changes to the CWB,
- the meaning of the “Shared Parenting Range” in the Spousal Support Advisory Guideline Calculator, and
- various other topics
- A reminder screen has been added for the 2020 tax year regarding the Alberta Working Parents Benefit.
- Per Bill 48, which received first reading May 11, 2021, the New Brunswick government is refunding some of its carbon tax revenue by lowering the tax rate for the first personal tax bracket from 9.68% to 9.4% and increasing the Low-Income Tax Reduction threshold from $17,630 to $17,840. Both changes are effective retroactively to January 1, 2021 and are included in this version.
- Per Bill 269, which received royal assent April 27, 2021, the calculation of the Ontario CARE tax credit has been increased by 20% for the 2021 tax year only. This change has been added to the calculation in the program.
- Per various Ontario government announcements, non-taxed payments to assist families with the additional costs of at-home learning during the pandemic, has been extended into the spring of 2021 with another round of payments starting at the end of April, 2021. To accommodate these various rounds of payments, access to the input fields for this fluid initiative have been extended to both the 2020 and 2021 tax years.
To view the complete list of program changes and enhancements included in this version please click on the PDF below.
We hope everyone stays safe and well. Thank you for your continued support.
If you have any questions please call 780-433-8111 (in the local Edmonton area) or toll free at 1-800-787-8620 (in all other locations) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the latest software update from the link below.
https://childview.filemail.com/d/upyyitativindbi (EXE version)
https://childview.filemail.com/d/cjkmslnylonvnyv (MSI version, needs admin rights to install)
Download the latest standalone full installer version from the link below if you are reinstalling ChildView.